SUSTAINABILITY AND VOCAL MUSIC
Moderator: LOUISE HÅRD AF SEGERSTAD
– How can we make a difference?
– How can singers, vocal groups, choirs, and our organizations inspire real change, and contribute to ecological, social and cultural sustainability?
– How can we expand our understanding of music and society through connecting with people and networks beyond our current circles?
– How can we connect quick individual action with long-term activities in large networks and organizations?
As a starting point for discussions, four different projects / perspectives will be presented:
- Global Vocal Happening: inspire grassroots activity and connect East with West, South with North (Başak Doğan – Chromas choir / Istanbul Vocal Akademi)
- Applying sustainability in a large organization (Sonja Greiner – European Choral Association)
- Choirs for Ecocide Law: bring awareness to legal action to protect Nature (Peder Karlsson – End Ecocide Sweden / Stop Ecocide International)
- Building a network from scratch (Navvád Owusu & Nabil Córdoba – Vocal Latinoamerica, Panama)
After these short presentations, there will be discussions with the workshop participants and with the panel, moderated by Louise Hård af Segerstad (from Albaeco).