SUSTAINABILITY AND VOCAL MUSIC
– how can we make a difference?
How can singers, vocal groups, choirs, and our organizations inspire real change, and contribute to ecological, social and cultural sustainability?
How can we expand our understanding of music and society through connecting with people and networks beyond our current circles?
How can we connect quick individual action with long-term activities in large networks and organizations?
As a starting point for discussions, four different projects / perspectives will be presented:
- Global Vocal Happening: inspire grassroots activity and connect East with West, South with North (Başak Doğan – Chromas choir / Istanbul Vocal Akademi)
- Applying sustainability in a large organization (Sonja Greiner – European Choral Association)
- Choirs for Ecocide Law: bring awareness to legal action to protect Nature (Peder Karlsson – End Ecocide Sweden / Stop Ecocide International)
- Building a network from scratch (Navvád Owusu – Vocal Latinoamerica, Panama)